Job Code 70
Ross Strategic is looking for a talented individual to join our team of consultants. We provide strategic support to public agencies, private businesses, foundations, and not-for-profit organizations primarily on environmental, energy, public health, and natural resources issues. We specialize in helping to develop sustainable programs and policies by bridging interests through collaborative processes, evaluation, and integrated policy and technical analysis.
- Support new and ongoing projects as part of a consultant team.
- Support all aspects of meeting design and facilitation, including taking notes and drafting and preparing meeting summaries, agendas, and background materials.
- Assist in the preparation of clearly written, accurate documents, presentations, and reports concerning issues central to the projects.
- Conduct project-specific research and analysis on policies, programs, activities, and innovations.
- Communicate regularly and establish rapport with clients including government officials and others.
- Coordinate project logistics, including scheduling and arrangements for teleconferences and meetings.
- Provide project management support.
- BA/BS degree in public policy, environmental studies, economics, energy policy, natural resources, public health, or other field related to Ross’ portfolio of work
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under tight timelines with multiple and overlapping tasks and to work in situations requiring self-direction and initiative.
- Aptitude for learning and applying new technologies to support projects.
- Proficiency with office software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint.
- 1-3 years of work experience.
Salary range is $45K - $50K/year, depending on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes: fully funded employee health, dental, and life insurances; paid holidays, sick, and personal leave; 401(k); and public transit pass. Ross Strategic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit a cover letter and resume addressing your job qualifications and interests to: personnel (at) rossstrategic.com with “Job Code 70” in the subject line. Electronic resumes only. Position open until filled.
Alfred P. Sloan Award
Ross Strategic was awarded the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexiblity.
The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility distinguishes Ross Strategic as a leading employer of choice by demonstrating success in using workplace flexibility as part of an effective strategy to achieve business goals and benefit employees by helping them meet their responsibilities on and off the job.
The award, part of the When Work Works project administered by Families and Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management, recognizes employers of all sizes and types across the country. The rigorous selection process involved an evaluation of employer flexibility programs and practices and a confidential employee survey.